The BEST Soft Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
YIELD: 12 Cookies PREP-TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1/2 CUP salted butter
- 1/2 CUP white sugar
- 1/4 CUP packed brown sugar*
- 1 TSPN vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 CUPS Bordertown Milling's Organic Whole Grain Wheat Flour
- 1/2 TSPN baking soda
- 1/4 TSPN salt
- 1/2 CUP chocolate chips (more or less depending on your love of chocolate!)
* I got better results using the natural coarser brown sugar compared to the yellow/light brown sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees (350F).
- Microwave the butter until it's barely melted (about 30 seconds). IT SHOULD NOT BE HOT. Beat the butter with the sugars until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and beat on low until just incorporated (about 10 seconds) - if you beat the egg for too long the cookies become stiff.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the dough becomes sticky (for whole grain recipes you want the dough to be a little sticky otherwise they become dry). Add the chocolate chips with a mixing spoon.
- Flour your hands and roll the dough into roughly 12 balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until they look puffy and slightly pale. (WARNING: DO NOT OVERBAKE. Take them out even if they don't look like they are done yet.)
- Let them cool on the sheet for about 10-20 minutes. Store in an air-tight container - or freeze them - for deliciously soft cookies!